7.18.2010

carlo mollino polaroids


I love Carlo Mollino.
He would 
sleep 
for months,
and then work 
maniacally 
for a year
before repeating the process over
again.
He was a bit nutz,
but a genius.

1905-1973
I'm not going to 
get into
the politics
of these photos,
that's up to you,
but I find them beautiful
and
intriguing,
 they give us a tiny glimpse inside the 
private
mind
of the architect and designer
of some of the greatest furniture 
of the 20th century,
and
certainly the most expensive!
These were all taken
starting in 1960,
(ending with his death in 1973).

























4 comments:

  1. Bourdin, Mollino...I'm betting Elmer Batters is next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a post on the same subject few months ago but never found pics as good as yours! where did you get those, is there a show somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlo Mollino: Polaroids ... I actually found this Book in Brisbane Australia in a 'Budget Bookstore'on the Queen Street mall, I payed $8 for it. My only regret was I did not grab the other 5 copies they had. Obviously I had no idea how wonderful it was until I took a look through it that night. I woke up early and was waiting for the store to open ... I ran to the table and asked the girl about the red books on the table ? she replied "someone grabbed all of them late last night". I still had no idea at the time who the photographer was I just thought the Book was something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review

    http://westendcameraclub.com/blog/2013/7/26/book-review-carlo-mollino-polaroids-hardcover

    ReplyDelete